Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Deaths Bells

A little comment before this next peice: after reading this to someone they said "you don't write about deaths bells! you write about puppy dogs, rainbows and fluffy clouds" To which I say " I did write about deaths bells and I liked it ;)

****************************************************************************

Shall I say you are dead to me
for I shan't fall at your feet once more

The bells!
The bells!

They do ring for me
Death, you are dead
banging on my door

Heavy carved wood that hurts to pound
but there you are
you are dead
to me
for I shan't fall at your feet anymore

Stand up and answer
Deaths bells!
Ringing loud for me
they call me out
with chants and shouts

Deep and resonating
the knightwatchman stands still
waxes and wanes serene

He comes for me
sweet release
final answer
to deaths bells
to grab my soul

Finally
in lock down

Drag me unwillingly
or let me fall down
deaths deep ringing bells
pull me down

Breath the earth
clutch dust and dirt
embrace enveloping darkness
as shadows and shifts
they leave my face

Pull hair in agony
feel and see my pain

Deaths bells
do wax and wane

written 8/26/12