Tuesday, May 18, 2010

So Who is Abigail?

Abigail is a name I chose for myself around the age of twelve, I believe. My best friend and I both had chosen names and would walk the fields and speak great love stories out loud. Such dreamers we were and still are although we have had enough of a dose of reality to see through the clouds.

Abigail is me. Strong, independent and sincere. The list of words I would use to describe myself is long, actually. I once had someone tell me I was "32 flavors and then some". I think that pretty well sums me up. If you prefer simple, I am not your cup of tea.

My interests in music range everywhere from symphonic to rock and my food interests differ just as much. I can tinker with computers, watches and card swipe machines. I can also crochet just one stitch, design jewelry and create small pieces of art using rub on designs, gilded pens and paints. I have been a member of a rock club and at one time could not only identify many of them but nearly all the plants in my region as well.

I love to dance with my shoes off and don't care if my hose get ruined. I have been to roof top parties and formal catered affairs. I enjoy both equally. I have never gone to a tanning bed and I have only had my nails done in a salon less than three times. I often cut and color my own hair.

I enjoy the hunt for treasures and will spend hours in either antique or thrift stores. Most of my belongings come from one or the other. This hunt I go on involves touching items, rubbing them gently if allowed and taking home what calls out to me. It can be a vintage beaded necklace, a glass bottle or a small piece of furniture.

There are other treasures I enjoy. Walking barefoot in the sand and curling my toes deep into it. The sound of crashing water on rocks, the pitter patter of rain on the roof or the gentle rush of a creek. Dusk....I may shame myself by not describing dusk to its fullness. The glow of orange and pinks, the blurriness of the sky as the day melts away....the welcoming of dark and the moon.

You see, Abigail loves life and many things around her. Abigail and I, one and the same. Pedaling a bike so fast you can't keep up, swinging so high and holding so tight onto the chains that your hands turn red. Four wheeling, driving fast and target practice both at an indoor range and as a young girl in a field. These are all things I have done and enjoyed.

That is a glimpse of Abigail. Abigail writes not only on blogs but poetry and short stories. Poetry may not show up here for it shows a raw side and at the same time I don't mind that so much but what I do mind is thinking it would be "public domain". It is my domain that I wish to share with you at another time. I have shared bits of it at times with certain people and when I share it the next time, it will be shared with the world.

Be sure to discover yourself each day and learn to love the bits of life around you.

Blessings,
Tera