Monday, October 28, 2013

My Little World

In this corner I call my home
my world
its piled with laundry
and projects undone
but my kids are fed and homeworks
getting done

I don't have time to properly write
cuz Im sharing thai and sharing time
doing dot to dots and waiting for something to rhyme

I don't have a  mansion nor do I have a permanent home
but I have more than four walls and two kids
four goldfish and a cat
playing hungry hippos is where its at

except we lost our marbles
the cat stole them away
the fish are perky
which makes me happy
cuz last week they were bloaty and swimming sideways

the plants are all dead but its winter
and that's my excuse
for dirty boots and holes in my shoes
and for this rhyme that doesn't really rhyme at all
for wooden robots are making the call

got me a sideways glance
kitty cat feather boas and power ranger pants
yea not really its a shirt
but that last line rhymed

doing dot to dots
making six's and drinking tea
laced with whiskey that's for me
balancing the checkbook is at times
easier than balancing life
cuz ya don't have money
zero minus zero equals nada

nada is a fine word
I want to make it equal something
really absurd
like its code for a trillion
or gazillion
that's what I have

your best friends your five year old
it seems anyway
for everyone else has gone
on this fine day
that's ok by me
for five year olds are awesome

they dance to tunes and laugh at your jokes
roll on their bellies and  pull at ropes
bells chime and they are afraid of the dark
so they cling to your sides
and grab you by the skirt

in a sweet way with little chubby hands
covered in chocolate and smirky mischievous grins
tucked away at home
home sweet home
that has more than four walls
and isn't much of nothing special
except its mine and code for castle