Friday, May 21, 2010

All Glumness Aside

Life is about the living, not the dead. I do not dwell on such morbid things as death and loved ones that are already gone. Not to say that I forget easily either when I lose a loved one. In death, things are final at least for the ones still left here on earth. This finality is something I am seeking out. Finality doesn't have to mean an ending, it can also be a beginning. It is the finality of knowing where you stand with someone or a situation. Clearness and clarity is the same in this case as finality.

Unfortunately, in life we deal with other people, emotions and circumstances out of our control. We are in control of nothing but ourselves and at times we are not even in control of that. I repeat something said to me recently "Do not mistake unchecked emotions for love". Really, isn't that what love is all about is unchecked emotions? Letting go and letting someone in. Check your pretense, your ego and your coat at the door, thank you. Love encompasses so much but I do believe there is a certain truth to love being unchecked emotions.

If we keep ourselves in check all of the time how do we let one in? How do we open the door and let love happen? It's a balance, I know. You do have to keep yourself in check at times. Let's say your heart isn't ready because you have not let go of a past relationship then, you must keep yourself in check. You must have the time to sort out these emotions and heal otherwise there is no moving on.

I was to put all glumness aside and here I am on the most serious topic I could have picked today besides death. It must be the glumness outside setting my mood. Gray skies for as far as I can see and rain most of the day. I do like rain but paired with the gray skies and my mood, I wish for....oh, who are we kidding? I like that the sky matches my mood of the day.

Let the sun come tomorrow along with clarity, clearness and finality. Impatience in some matters is a fault of mine and if I put it in my head that these things will come tomorrow, possibly I will be accepting of them.