Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Little Bit of Sympathy

Robin Trower...A little bit of Sympathyis kicking out my speakers as I gather my thoughts...I sat down not knowing what I would write this evening and I must say instead of writing I wish I had someone to dance with. You really can't listen to this and not want to get up and move.

I am not needing a little bit of sympathy. I am quite clear in my thoughts and all melancholy, anger and hurt is gone. Well, almost all the hurt is gone. Funny how quickly it goes when you let it. This started a ways back actually and it just took time to cement the idea in my head.


I love that music can change your whole day, change your thoughts and lift you up. It can of course, do the opposite and let you land smack down on your face. I tend to program music into my Jango station that inspires in some way. Hearing the highs and lows of each instrument, each note...I rise and fall with it. I am in the music and the music is in me.

Deep bass, pounding drums and bits of snare mixed with sultry voices and melodic singing out...I hear swagger, richness and wanton abandonment. Angelic whispers paired with grunts hang about the air just at the tip of my tingling ears. You see, I need no sympathy for as long as I have this...this gift of imagination, distraction and creation I need nothing further than what is within my reach.

I can reach far.....